Thursday, June 19, 2008

Because he trusts in You.

Well, my husband has been away for almost a month now, and I am being reminded that I need to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. I made a lot of big talk on my blog and to the girls in my small group about how I was going to let God be my "husband" this summer while Matt was away. Since he's been gone, in addition to the daily issues of taking care of 2 small children and a house, I have gotten into a car accident, the air conditioning in my house broke, we haven't had a paycheck in a month, and now my latest battle has been with a family of mice who have taken up residence with me in my bedroom! Let me tell you....the mice issue is the worst problem of them all!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I was starting to freak out a bit, not quite sure how to handle everything. I had been praying and asking God for direction and advice, but, I was still worrying and stressing over how to deal. I was in the bathroom getting ready with my youngest daughter, Charis, while all this was taking place. On Matt's side of the sink, he keeps a stack of note cards with Bible verses on them. Charis was playing around with them, and as I went to pick them up, I noticed that the top card was Isaiah 26:3.

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

I have heard this verse 1000 times, but somehow never realized the last part of the verse, "because he trusts in You". In other words, when we trust God completely, our mind will be focused completely on Him, and therefore, we will be completely at peace. This hit me like a ton of bricks. I was not at peace because I was not trusting God fully. I stopped to contemplate this fact.

Fact #1 I know He will take care of us.
Fact #2 I know He wants what is best for us.
Fact #3 I know He has never, nor will never fail us.

So, right now I'm working on really trusting God. I know that when I can grasp that, the peace will perfectly flood my spirit. It's getting better, for sure, but I'm still a work in progress. What else is new, hugh?

Dear Lord, Thank you for your faithfulness to me and my family. I know you will take care of us, and I know I can trust you. Help me to trust you more, and keep my focus on You alone, so that Your peace, which I so desperately desire, can overwhelm me!

No comments: